Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut toasted
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 4 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine sugar and cornstarch; beat into cream cheese. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add the cream, vanilla and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
For topping, combine chocolate, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Slowly beat in cream until mixture achieves spreading consistency. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove sides of pan. Serve with whip cream and top with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers.