Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup smoked cheddar grated
Preheat oven to 425°. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter and parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease; sauté onion and mushrooms until tender. Add bacon to onion mixture.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.